Sunday, July 02, 2006

"You're a loser"

Now that is a faux paus worth listening to.

After I finished watching "Superman Returns" last night, I was standing on the corner of Orchard and Scotts at the Shaw Center, right opposite the Mastercard booth.

The lady at the booth was inviting people who had spent just about any amount on their Mastercard to come and play a game which, if they won, they would get a $500 Mastercard free.

It was quite funny to hear her go "You are a loser" whenever anyone lost. Instead of saying "You have lost this game", she would invarialbly say "You are a loser".

I know it's just sematics, but the meanings of both sentences is hugely different.

I waited for a while for someone to respond to her saying "You are a loser" with a "And you look like a bucket of shit!"

But I guess people here a lot more polite!

No comments: