Sunday, July 02, 2006

Superman returned

Yep...caught up with the latest offering of Superman this evening.

Not that I was planning to. Woke up late after the disasterous match result between England and Portugal and went to Orchard Road for some breakfast. Then a coffee at The Coffee Bean (incidentally my favorite place to spend time) and then into Borders for some book reading (again, one of my favorite things to do on a day off).

After I was done, a few hours later, I was unsure what to do. So I stepped across the street to the iSetan where they usually have a sale. They very frequently have Ashworth T-shirts on sale at ridiculous prices. So it is worth a trip there just to check it out. Well, they didn't have Ashworths on sale, but that got me to Shaw Center.

So the next thing I did was to ride up the escalator and see what movies were playing.

And Superman Returns was playing in 20 minutes! So I bought myself a ticket, some popcorn and coke and then went in to enjoy latest Superman.

To be honest, the new guy playing Superman (Brandon Routh) does a decent job of filling the shoes left vacant by Christopher Reeve. Yes, he does look the part and does a good job. This time around, Lois Lane is a lot prettier (Thank God!). Of course Kevin Spacey does a fantastic job of recreating Lex Luther. And there is a surprise in the movie. Wierd one, but still a surprise.

But all in all, the movie is quite slow. Not a big deal. Wish the storyline was better and a bit more gripping, but not really. I was quite disappointed.

No comments: