Sunday, July 09, 2006

You have to, have to, try this dish

We decided to have a couple of beers in the evening as a warm-up (or should I say cool down?) for the World Cup Finals tonight.

So we headed out to Black Angus on Orchard Road (quite close to the Hard Rock Cafe) for a drink and a bite. We ended up ordering a jug of Tiger (my favourite beer here in Singapore) and a portion of the "Wild Wild West Onion" which is a HUGE onion which is cut open to look like a lotus blossom and batter fried.

I have to tell you, it was delectable.

Firstly, the description of the dish on the menu card is spot on. The onion IS "colossul" as described. Secondly, and more importantly, it had great taste and went famously well along with beer.

I would highly recommend you try it. I know I am going to....again!

No comments: