Thursday, July 06, 2006

Inconsiderate drivers

It rained this morning. Quite heavily, too. In fact, it's still raining outside.

And in Singapore, it's quite difficult getting a cab in the rain, much less if it is peak hour traffic. And if you want to call a cab, you get a $4 call fee in addition to the $1 peak time surcharge. So even before the cab has started moving, you are down $7.40.

That's a fairly expensive, and unnecessary, start to the day.

So after waiting for fifteen minutes for a cab, I started walking down to the bus stop near my place. I noticed that a small puddle had formed by the side of the road, thanks to the rain. I tried to walk as far away from the puddle and the road as possible, but that did not help.

A completely inconsiderate driver sped right through the puddle and splashed water all over my trousers!

How completely idiotic can someone be? Can't they see the puddle? And can they not see that there is someone walking by that side of the road? Will it kill them to slow down just a bit so that they dont make a pig's breakfast of someone's morning?

I tell you, it takes all sorts to make this world.

No comments: