Monday, July 10, 2006

Walking barefoot

I saw two Caucasian women, a mother and a daughter, stroll past my office bare foot.

They were obviously heading back from some place where they had bought some stuff to where they stay. Both of them looked completely at ease with walking barefoot and I think the fact that it had rained this morning made it a bit easier for them to walk that way (the pavements and the sidewalks were not as hot as they would usually be at this time).

I have heard that people with diabetic conditions are told, as a suggestion, to walk barefoot. It is said to help in bettering the condition. For what reason the mother and daughter were doing it, I don't know. They just looked extremely comfortable doing it.

And I don't think they could have chosen a better place to do it. Singapore is probably the cleanest city (ooops...country) I have ever seen. It is probably the safest place to walk bare foot and not worry about something cutting into your foot.

Maybe I should try it sometime. Could be quite relaxing.

No comments: