Friday, July 07, 2006

Two weeks to go

Yep! This time week after next, I will be hopefully in the middle of a golf round at the Bangalore Golf Club along with my long time golf buddies.

This will be my first visit to India since I moved to Singapore and I am really looking forward to it.

The itenary includes a 5 day stop in Bangalore, my home town for almost the last decade and the only place in the world where I actually own my own house, where I will stay with a few friends and spend (hopefully) every single day playing at least one round of golf at all the courses where I started playing the game. Even my golf buddies are looking forward to my arrival.

Then it's to my parent's place to celebrate my dad's 60th birthday. And luckily for me, my parents-in-law are also in the same city, so I get to meet everyone in one place.

Then it's back to the city of Mumbai where I have the most number of really close friends. A few days with them and then it's back to the grind.

Now that I look at it, a two week vacation feels like it will zip by so fast that it will hardly feel like a one.

The only thing that can play a spoiler is the weather. If you were keeping track of the rains in the western part of India, you will know that it has really been pouring there and has almost brought the city of Mumbai to a state of standstill. I hope the weather improves when I am down there. I hope Bangalore weather is as it always is round the year...mainly great for a round of golf in the morning.

Fingers crossed!

No comments: