Saturday, November 25, 2006

My feet were going tappity, tappity, tap...

Of course I am talking about Happy Feet, currently the biggest movie around.

My family and I watched this really cute penguin dance away into our hearts. The little ball of fur is so cute! Even on the flash website, you can see this little fella dance in that really cute way.

Of course this movie had something for everybody...my daughter loved the Mumbo (the central character in the movie), hated it when Mumbo was being chased by a leapord seal and was really sad when Mumbo is all alone. There were also a lot of subtle jokes which grown-ups would enjoy (I certainly did, but not too many people in the theatre laughed at them).

What I appreciated the most about this movie was the message. Something that I have believed in for a long time. Supply will stop only when demand stops. It is in our hands to not buy things like ivory, shark fins, fur...anything that causes our ecosystem to go out of balance.

It's the same sort of message An Inconvenient Truth is trying to get across to us, isn't it? That we are abusing the planet we live on and all of it's resources.

Shouldn't we be doing something to ensure that our future generations get to enjoy the beautiful planet we have all inherited?

It's worth a lot more than just a thought! Think about it!

No comments: