Thursday, November 30, 2006

Me? Strange?

Got chatting with my pal this morning. Yep, this is the same guy whose family's welcome I abused during my visit to the Bay Area.

As I may have forgotten to mention in my post about the US trip (mainly because of not posting for a while because of vacation, then the illness and then the travel), I hit off famously with this guy's four year old daughter and we became really close pals. In fact, she would make her parent miserable every time I stayed in my hotel room instead of their home.

But this is not the point of the blog.

During my chat with the guy this morning, he related a hilarious incident that happened in his daughter's school.

The kids were being taught to understand (or is comprehend the right word here) the concept of "Strange". So as the teacher got to asking every child what they thought was strange, his daughter went...

Mally Uncle is a boy....but he wears an ear ring!!!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

I just could not help cracking up. And neither could he. And he had to explain who Mally Uncle was to the teacher when he went to pick up his daughter. :-)

That was Super Cool! For multiples of reasons. One, that his daughter remembers me so often. Two, she's had this discussion about my ear ring with me when I stayed with them (where I had explained to her that if it was OK for her to wear pants, it was OK for me wear an ear ring).

I really love that kid even more for this.

No comments: