Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Look who's quibbling over increase in GST

Not people like me...

It's the RICH people who're crying foul over the Singapore government's decision to increase the GST from the current 5% to 7%.

These are people who drive fancy, really expensive cars and have multi-million dollar houses. Sure, they are the people who will pay 2% more when they buy these expensive things, but at least THEY HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY THESE THINGS!!! SOME OF US DON'T EVEN HAVE IT!!!

And we all will have to pay that additional 2% on everything. Be it groceries, gadgets, books, movies or clothes (that's the extent to which my wallet allows me to think). These guys will have to pay it on a lot more things. How unfair!

I think that just sucks...but as they say, the rich get richer...and I stay where I am.

No comments: