Tuesday, November 28, 2006

And here's the prize...

The fruits of my labour!

This is the medal of honour for spending a lot of time on the keyboard to churn out something that looks like a novel. But this time was different.

I was more prepared for what was coming and was a lot more organized. No more was I haphazard about the plot, no longer was there an ebb and flow about the characters, not too many deviations to what the story was supposed to be about. And here's the funny thing.

The story isn't even complete yet!

The novel has reached probably 60% of it's complete state and I think it's going to be OK. Far better than my first attempt. But I am not sure I am going to be able to put in the effort to get it to the finish line.

What helped me this time was the plot and it's readiness in my mind. Most of the characters were already formed and the plot (to a large extent) had moved from the beginning to the conclusion (in my mind, of course). All that was left was to put all of that down on paper (or in my case, a word processor).

From the first week itself, I knew I was doing a lot more words per day than last time because I think my typing speed has gone up significantly. Also, since I knew where to take the plot for the day, it was a lot easier.

So there you are folks. NaNoWriMo winner for the second year running. And this time, without breaking too much sweat.

And once I finish this one, who knows...I might even get it published! :-)

Yeah Right!

No comments: