Monday, June 12, 2006

Thank God for sight

I have a friend who suffers from night blindness. Until yesterday, I did not realize how serious that is.

We went to watch the Da Vinci code together and I just walked in, not realizing that she was right behind me and that she could not see a thing. I only realized it when she called out to say that she needed help.

I did not expect the effect of the condition. She could not see a thing and I had to guide her every step to her chair. She had no trouble watching the movie, but later needed my help to get out of the theatre.

So I thought that it was only when things were really dark, there was a problem. But that's not the case. Even in low light conditions, like the area in between two street lamps, she has trouble making out the space ahead of her. It's like blind spots.

I just want to thank God for giving me what I have.

It's only when you see someone else who is not as fortunate as you are do you realize how fortunate you actually are.

No comments: