Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Spring Cleaning

One think I detest here in Singapore is the amount of unsolicited mail you get.

Most of the times, my mailbox at home is full when I open it. When I go through the stuff that has piled in, there is maybe 10% of useful stuff and the rest is just junk.

I just spent the better part of the evening getting to know what I can throw and what I need to keep. Apart from the fact that I had a full day's work to keep me occupied.

I only wonder how many trees have to suffer to put up with this gross misuse of paper. Not to mention the annoyance of having to shift through tons of junk to ensure that you don't miss something that actually might be useful, even important, to you. Like a bill or a statement.

The junk mail has not yet caused me to cross my threshold, but after it does, I am going to have a nice little chat with the Singapore Post people and the guard who sits on duty at my condo.

What I hope to impress upon these fine individuals is that I have better things to do than to sift through garbage.

No comments: