Saturday, January 21, 2006

Oh...Woe is me

The day started out with such promise.

As I mentioned yesterday, I was going to play a round of golf at Sebana Cove as part of their Monthly Medal competition. So I woke up real early in the morning to catch the 7:55am speedboat transfer to Sebana.

As this was the first time I was going to Sebana all alone (last time I was there with more than 60 people), I was unsure about the procedure. But to cut to the chase, I was safely boarded on the boat and headed towards Sebana.

About an hour later, I jumped off the boat and walked the short walk to Malaysian Immigration at Sebana. As I offered my passport, I coule feel the round coming alive and was looking forward to teeing off in 10 minutes.

And then the man looks at me and says "Have you got another VISA?" I thought he could not find the VISA stamped on my passport, so I located it for him. He calmly pointed out to me that my VISA had expired four days ago.

Oh, the agony! Oh, the feeling one has when one feels like slapping one's face so hard.

I could not enter Malaysia.

The guys who I was playing the round with were so disappointed. I know I was too, but I couldn't play with them because of this silly oversight from my side. So I boarded the boat to go back to Singapore.

As I began to see the Singapore skyline and was thinking "Well, at least I am back without too much trouble", the Singapore Police / Coast Guard pulled our boat over (not on the curb, but you know what I mean).

Three guys with bullet proof vests and in full combat attire boarded the boat and did an inspection. Thankfully, they got off in ten minutes and I was on my way home.

So I spent half of my day just going to Sebana and returning back.

No comments: