Monday, August 14, 2006

Well said, Mr. Covey

Is this the perfect example of a quotable quote or not?

"It's not what people do to us that hurts us. In the most fundamental sense, it is our chosun response to what they do to us that hurts us."

Isn't that just right? Isn't that how we go about life, once we actually pause and think about it?

How many times do we react and then decide against that reaction? How often does the reaction get followed by regret? How often the reaction is justified, but still not appropriate? How often does life make you screw up when you are trying so hard not to?

Is this the best time to up and look for a guru in the Himalayas? Is this the time for mental peace and quiet? Or is it just me? Am I thinking too much? Should I just shut up and let the river of my life take me to the pre-decided destination?

Am I insane in putting up so many questions on this post?

No comments: