Thursday, August 24, 2006

One of the best decisions I made

When I moved to Singapore, I put off everything until I had decided on the school for my daughter. When I finally decided on the Overseas Family School (OFS), a lot of folks at home were surprised with my choice.

Last evening, we were invited to the school to attend the "Back to school" initiation program for parents of Grade 1 students. After spending two hours listening to the Principal, the curriculam organizers, the Home-base class teacher, the special languages teacher and the other teachers, I realized how perfect my decision to enroll my daughter in this school had been.

There was so much thought put into every single action and every single intent of the school. Apart from learning what is part of the curriculum, there was a very disciplined approach to HOW everything was learnt.

Also, as they say, company matters. All the parents, including us, were very concerned and involved with routines and the learnings of their children. The attention levels were that touch higher than I would have expected at most schools.

And I loved it.

I think enrolling my daughter at OFS has been one of the best decisions of my life. I can see the changes in her even now. She's a lot more confident, a lot more authoritative, a little more inquisitive than before and a little more independant. She's become quite the leader, from what we hear from school.

As a bonus, she loves the school. So it's perfect.

No comments: