Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Not sure if Darling's darling will like this

Further to this and this, the O2 service station have given me a loaner O2 XphoneII.

For the people who don't know, or couldn't care less, this is the smartphone version of the O2 range (not the PDA kind). So it looks like a real phone and talks like a real phone. Has a keypad and all.

What it also has is a list of contacts belonging to the guy / gal who loaned it before me. And there is a number in the contacts list called "Darling" with messages to go with it which are "Why not answering?" and more mushy stuff.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that the guy / gal is extremely pissed off at the fact that I have his / her Darling's number and some of the messages that go with the number.

Now don't think I am a peeping tom. I would never have noticed the messages on my old phone, but on this one, it takes you to the messages application to read a new message. So when I got a message from a collegue, it took me there. And the message right below it was from Darling!

Which brings me to a very important lesson. I need to know how to reset this phone before I return it...cause I don't want my sensitive information leaking out to just anybody who loans the phone next.

I think that was a bit unprofessional on the part of the O2 service center. All they had to do was reset the phone after every customer returns one.

I'll put that as a suggestion when I return mine.

No comments: