Monday, August 21, 2006

My folks are in town

Before I begin, I must say I apologize for disappearing for the last few days. What happened, see, was that a customer of mine had a kind-of technology conference. And since I am one of the vendors there, I was there catching up with all the customer business people and their IT people and explaining my company's stand. It was a pretty good couple of days.

I even managed to make a few connections with people working for my competitors. >:)

Coming back to the point, my mom and dad landed here yesterday. They got off their uncomfortable flight from India and walked out into my open arms as I waited for them at the Changi arrival lounge.

Both of them looked fresh and yet tired. Some from seeing me and being glad that they're here. Some from the lack sleep on the airplane.

So, all said and done, this will hopefully be a long trip for both of them. It is, in fact, my dad's first international trip in more than 30 years. The last time he was out of the country was even before I was born. So this is a significant moment in time for him. And for me.

My momhas been here a few months ago. She left early cause her back was causing a lot of trouble and she wanted it checked by some doctors known to us in India. So her trip was cut short the last time. I hope that nothing of the sort happens this time round and that they will stay their full stay and have fun.

My daughter is thrilled that they both are here. More than anything, she missed the two people she gre up with as a baby: her grandparents. There is a very special bond that exists between a child and the people she grew up with, and that bond is for all time. It is unshakeable. And it shows in the way my daughter reacts when she sees her grandparents for the first time.

Hope this trip for them is long and sweet.

Fingers crossed.

No comments: