Monday, May 15, 2006

Watching a legend LIVE

I watched Billy Cobham Live here in Singapore!

Yep...the legend of Jazz was here performing his Culture Mix tour. And I had tickets for the show. And it was a great concert. The music was overpowering. So much so that I closed my eyes during the concert and almost felt like I was floating.

And when he finished a non-stop two hour bouquet of music, we gave him a standing ovation for more than five minutes and forced him to come out and play again. And play he did. And he chose to play Snoopy's Search! It was a great ending to a fabulous show.

Sigh!

But here's the messed up part. The Esplanade hall was only 10 to 15 % full! Billy played to practically a skeleton audience.

I am not sure a legend deserves that.

And another bone I want to pick on the booking system is that I was allotted row L as the "best seat". But there were whole rows empty in front of me. That seriously pissed me off.

But the music was more than these niggles and I came back a happier man.

A great show.

No comments: