Saturday, May 13, 2006

This is the perfect morning

My wife has work today and my daughter has been invited to spend her day at a friend's house. Now, don't jump to conclusions...that is not what makes the day!

I dropped off my daughter to her friend's house in the morning (my wife had already left for work) and then thought about that I wanted to do.

I landed up at Wheelock place on Orchard road and then spent the next half and hour or so just sipping coffee and enjoying the sight of Orchard Road on a weekend. Then, I slipped into one of my most favourite places in Singapore.

Borders.

The most ideal way for me to spend my time is browsing books and reading them. I have realized that I can spend hours inside Borders checking out books and reading some of them without realizing how long I have been there. That was how I spent most of my morning...until my wife called.

So after she got off work, we met at Suntec and had lunch together in the food court in the basement (Great Indian fusion food) and then spent some time shopping for stuff which she will carry to India. Most of the time, we were just walking along, hand in hand...just like old times.

It's been a great day.

No comments: