Monday, February 15, 2010

Scheduled Maintenance

We usually get these mails from our System Administrators down in the office telling us something or the other in the backend is being upgraded or repaired or installed anew. But this topic has nothing to do with computers at all.


It's about me.

The last couple of weeks, I realized that I had had a little too much of the old nicotine stick, so much so that I had gotten to the point where I was fidgeting for one if I had nothing else to do. And I realized that the more inactivity I had, the more I was going towards it. And not because my body needed it, but because my mind had nothing else to do.

So I waited for the party yesterday afternoon to get over with, had one last stick (for a few days anyways) and have not picked it up since. I know it's been a very short period of time, just 24 hours, but I'm there and I have not felt like lighting up the entire time.

As an added bonus, I have decided to take a break from alcohol as well…for a while at least. Usually, alcohol is the reason people revert to smoking and I don't want to give myself that reason for temptation. Will go into dry dock for a few weeks till my body feels like it used to before I started binging.

So the system is under scheduled maintenance and will be unavailable for smokers and alcohol parties for a few weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!