Sunday, February 21, 2010

Aromas of China, Taste buds in Heaven

Felt like eating Chinese food for lunch today, for no rhyme or reason.


After a lot of deliberation, we decided on Aromas of China at Richmond Circle. When we entered, we noticed the festive decor celebrating Chinese New Year and we were informed that they had a special menu for just the occasion. So we decided to order things from that menu and boy, was I blown away!

We ordered the Sliced Chicken with Peanut Butter Sauce (Chicken Bann Bann if I recall correctly) and steamed spiced wantons. The chicken just blew me away. It was spicy and sweet and tangy and my taste buds had a field day. Perfect start.

For the main course, I had chosen the Mongolian Pepper sliced lamb. This dish rocked! The lamb was ever so thinly sliced and cooked so nicely that it seemed to melt in my mouth. And the flavour, oh the flavour! I could not resist ordering more just so I could take it home and eat it again (which I did…for dinner) :-)

I recommend you try it!

No comments: