Thursday, February 11, 2010

Early 30's

I was wishing a friend of mine on her birthday and she mentioned how she was still in her "Early 30's" which got me thinking.


Of course, this thinking has been on for a while now, specifically as I was hurtling towards my 35th birthday last year. The thought all this while was that I was approaching Half Time in this game that is my life and it had been a pretty uneventful first half with no real goals and not enough creativity in the play. So the whole of last year was about changing all the things that are dragging my life - and my performance in the game that is my life - down and to embark on things that stimulate my thought and fire up my spirit.

While I have been successful with a few of those - I have started writing again (still sketching the framework for my novel), my photography is improving (but is still a long LONG way to go), golf has never been better - I have not yet seized my life and taken complete control of it. Which is where the catch is. I still haven't found what I'm looking for (Sorry U2).

And so the chat yesterday about the early 30's rang a bell in the same tiny part of me that is my brain, reminding me of the quest I embarked on more than a year ago.

In a couple of months, I will no longer be in my early 30's. I will have officially stepped across a boundary, all in the matter of a few days, which will carry me into the realm of the late 30's. Everything after that spells O.L.D. Even if you say you're in your early 40's, it's still old, isn't it?

So here I am, on the crossroads of my life, on the threshold of starting the second half of this game. Let's hope I will do better in this half and that this half will be a lot more exciting than the first half (which was boooooring).

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Life begins at 40 (as old as it may sound).