Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Q(uite a few) B(eers) A(fter)

Facebook surprised me yesterday. I put a status message that I had landed in Delhi and got a comment back telling me that my buddy from Singapore was also in Delhi. So of course I called him and we agreed to meet in the evening for drinks and dinner.


The place we decided to meet is a lounge called Q'BA (pronounced Queue Baa) at Connaught Place. It turned out to be a surprisingly nice place. Music not too loud, comfortable seating, nice food, great service and an option to either sit in or go to the open roof top seating area. Since it was Delhi in the winters, we chose to sit in.

I ended up meeting a couple of his colleagues (one of them turned out to be from my first company and somehow knew me…go figure!) and his engineering-college-time buddy, a boisterous and animated Mr Amardeep "Dippy" Singh. Together, we regaled ourselves with stories of a long gone era, reliving our days in college and of hostel life. And in the process, consumed quite a bit of alcohol. That led to the idea of going out being relegated to the trash can (I use a Mac, so no recycle bin here) and we decided to order food at Q'BA itself.

Which turned out to be a good idea. The food was nice and we saved ourselves an unnecessary tour of Delhi late in the night trying to hunt for a place serving decent food.

Only thing against Q'BA was the bill…or rather the amount that we had consumed. Thank the force that we had someone with us who earned in S$ :-D

A nice place, I would recommend it to anyone who wants to have a conversation without screaming at the people around while sitting comfortably having nice food…albeit for a price.

No comments: