Saturday, February 06, 2010

I hit an Eagle…literally

I had a buddy of mine visiting me in Bangalore and by sheer coincidence, his friend - who happens to be an avid golfer - was also in Bangalore. Needless to say, we planned a round at KGA.


One word can describe the way I played. SHANK!

So obviously I was playing quite badly. But the thing that surprised me the most happened after I had teed off on the 7th hole. My drive landed in the fairway bunker and I had to play an aggressive 8 iron to the green from there from a tough lie. I thinned the ball a bit and it flew over the lip of the bunker and…went and hit an eagle who was beyond my line of sight. I didn't even know I had hit it till my caddies shouted out that I had hit an eagle. From where I was, there was no way I could have hit the green and sunk it.

It was only after I saw this poor bird lying on the ground did I realize what he meant!

I was feeling so shitty then, this poor defenseless bird getting hit with a really hard object traveling at quite some speed.

Luckily, I was there to see the eagle soar and fly off.

Aall is well! Thank the Force!

No comments: