Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I'm looking up...

By me, I mean my blog :-)

OK So I know I have just started writing after a long absence, but that does not mean that I gave up on all the vanity I have accumulated over the years. So obviously I was curious as to how much traffic the blog is getting. Here's what I saw:


I started out towards the end of 2004, so I ignored that year. Between 2005 and 2006, I started to write quite often and saw a nice rise in the number of people coming to my site. The peak seems to be 2007, but there were fewer people coming back to the site.

Here's the astonishing part: I didn't blog much during 2008 and not at all in the whole of 2009, yet there are over 5500 hits and over 3000 unique visitors to my blog. And since I have started, I'm averaging as much as I was during the peak of 2007, so I guess that's a good start.

But there is another thing: 75% of the people who land on my blog usually land there because of some search string they keyed in on Google (usually some variant of the word "bakwas") and they leave within 5 seconds after they realize that these are nothing but the ramblings of a deranged man. But then…

If they stick a little longer than 5 seconds, they invariably tend to stay on for between 2 and 5 minutes. And these are the people who usually come back and stay for between 5 and 20 minutes. And that is the 25% that make my regular returning readers.

And it is to you, my 25%, that I want to thank for putting up with the bu11$h1t that I am infamous for posting up here.

I will keep endeavoring to make my bu11$h1t more tolerable and easier to swallow (yuck!).

No comments: