Monday, February 22, 2010

How can they be happy at a time like this?

I was flipping thro the channels on a lazy Sunday evening and "Jaane Tu…Ya Jaane Na" came on, right about the time when the friends have gone on a drive when the car breaks down.


So while they are cursing the guy who owns the car and are looking for someone to give them a lift, there's not a word about what happens to the car. And then they get into the back of the truck and start singing a song. No worries that their car is in the middle of nowhere.

How can you sing at a time like this?!?!

Or maybe it's the ability to sing especially at a time like that is what I need to learn. Shit happens. Shit happens on a daily basis. So why worry.

Only problem is: My folks would have kicked my ass all the way to Guantanamo Bay had I left my car in the middle of the road. I would have heard about it every time I took the car out for a long drive. Oh, now I remember why I can't sing at a time like this!

But hang on, I didn't get my dad's car to go on long drives anyways! The first long drive I ever did was when I bought my own car. And even if it did break down, there's very little hell my folks could put me thro. After all, it is my car! So I do need to learn to sing at a time like this!

But then, what about all the luggage? What about vandalism? What about people just taking my car apart piece by piece? After all, I am paying for that car with my blood, sweat and tears. Plus it's my first car! So you can say I am quite a bit attached to the car! So I would worry and I would worry some more till I got the car back home and to the garage. Hmmm, another reason not to sing at a time like this.

So much confusion!

I guess movies show a lot of young folks living care free lives and having a ball. And as A-Ha said more than 20 years ago, "The Sun Always Shines On TV". But most of us, who live in the real world, have to worry about these things, but subconsciously we are all fed the same fairy tale. We all want to be care free and really live every moment to its fullest rather than get bogged down by worries.

I guess responsibility is life's way of saying to us: "Hey now, Hey now, Don't dream it's over!"

No comments: