Monday, March 06, 2006

90

So the improvement this time is more than a stroke :-)

Yep, hit 90 yesterday. Had 4 pars, 10 bogeys and 4 double bogeys. While my putting stats are at 33 putts for the round, they could have been a lot better. I remember at least 4 holes where the ball almost ran into the hole, but then stayed out. A couple of the holes, the ball circled the cup and stayed out :-(

This was the third round where I was using my R5 driver consistently. And while I am getting a lot more comfortable with it, I still dont have a lot of control over it. Most of my tee shots with the driver I tend to miss left. And the rest of them, I overcompensate and hit them right.

Only thing in the last couple of rounds has been the fact that my recovery shots have been a lot better. And my approach shots are getting fabulous.

Chipping is horrible. I just can't seem to get the feel. Most of that prays on my mind when I hit an approach shot. I keep thinking that if I hit the ball on the fringe, I will have to chip the ball on the green and I will end up wasting a couple of shots. And that puts a lot of pressure on the approach shot.

Putting is OK at best. There is a lot of improvement that I need to do to get better. At least, now I know which departments and which clubs I am consistently screwing up with.

To the Range, to the Range...

No comments: