Thursday, February 09, 2006

Renewed Indian

By that I mean I just got my passport renewed. :-)

Yep. My passport was expiring in the next few months. Since most countries dont give out VISAs if the passport if not valid for more than 6 months, I had no choice but to get it renewed immediately.

If you recall "Oh, Woe is me", I did not get to enter Sebana because my Malay VISA had expired. The reason it expired so soon was my passport was valid only for a couple of months beyond 6 months. So instead of getting a 1 year multiple entry VISA, I got a 2 month VISA, which expired before I knew it.

So I went ahead and got it renewed. And I must say, the process was extremely smooth, especially if I compare it with the way things went when I got my passport extended in India.

I did not have any trouble, did not have to follow up at all and got my new passport in my hand within a week's time. I am told that it took this long because our President, Dr Kalam, was flying in with a delegation of my countrymen and the consulate was busy with arranging that. It could have been quicker.

So now I have a passport issued in Singapore and valid for another 10 years. I also got my Singapore employment pass transferred to my new passport yesterday. That took another hour's wait at the Ministry of Manpower and was pretty straightforward.

So from my international validity point of view, all systems look like they are GO.

No comments: