Thursday, September 15, 2005

What other company has this kind of freedom?

I vowed never to write anything about my place of work on my personal blog, but I am going to make this one exception.

The Founder, Chairman & CEO of the company that I work for was in Singapore this week. He is a legendary figure in the company & has, literally, thousands of "fans". He is like a Rock Star in the company.

And yesterday, some of us, the feet on the street, got spend time with him!

That he managed to squeeze some time in his already hectic schedule speaks volumes of his commitment to the company & its people. And it was a great experience standing around with him & chatting freely, asking him questions & getting candid answers.

And as I mentioned earlier, being the Rock Star that he is, some of us, one by on, sat next to him and clicked piuctures. I even got his John Hancock on one of my business cards!

I don't know any other company which has this kind of freedom. I don't know of any CEO who is as accessible or as friendly.

This is a great company to work for. It truely gives its employees the freedom to do their job.

No comments: