Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Three shopping complexes and a house...

After that perversion of the famous title, I will quickly try and move your attention to the obviously different things that I want to say here.

We did the Holy Journey (called Teerath Yaatra in Hindi) to the three major shopping complexes here. We did Carrefour, Mustafa Center & IKEA. And lived to tell the tale.

Carrefour was for the basic stocking...stuff like kitchen napkins & what have you. Mustafa Center is a great boon to all the Indians here in Singapore. It stocks almost everything an Indian family would need to cook their food. And that too in an extremely convenient way (like grated coconuts, for example). And then there's IKEA.

A lot of people have failed (miserably, I might add) at describing how much IKEA has to offer. I believe I am going to fail in even greater proportions. That place is just teeming with great ideas & stuff that you see & go "Wow, that would go famously with...." So we bought loads of stuff, enough to qualify for the IKEA Friends clubs. Now we can go again and spend & hopefully get better prices (from the already fantastic prices) and a few other priveleges as well.

My daughter helped me build all the things that we bought at IKEA, so it was a great evening for both of us.

This move looks promising.

No comments: