Monday, September 26, 2005

One Two Carrefour...

For the non-Indian folk, the title does not make a lot of sense. For the Hindi movie watching Indians (and specifically those who watched the movie Ram Lakhan) should be screaming bloody murder right now :-)

Yep, this time we did a full shopping fest at the massive hypermarket called Carrefour. Now let me tell you something about Carrefour. It is really big, and yet is very efficiently organised. Staff there are extremely helpful (one guy went all over the place to search me & hand me some stuff that I was looking for), the layout is extremely conducive to shopping, some really convenient stuff is on display at the right places and the prices are really good.

When we first arrived in Singapore, we were told (by a few friends) that NTUC Fairprice is the best place to shop, mainly because it has a lot of stuff and the prices are really low. So we did shop at Fairprice, but the experience was not exactly the best.

Firstly it was EXTREMELY crowded. It was not organised (or at least my wife & I thought it wasn't). And it offered the same prices as Carrefour does. We actually checked it out.

And we got a variety of stuff in Carrefour that we didn't even see in Fairprice.

So my wife & I are completely sold on Carrefour as the hypermarket of choice.

Cold Storage, tho, remains our grocery store of choice, mainly because it is close to home, it usually has presence in the basement of almost every mall, and it's just convenient.

No comments: