Thursday, September 08, 2005

No "Friends"

I recently upgraded the hard disk on my notebook. That meant I had to go about installing all my applications all over again.

Luckily for me, I always keep my data & applications on seperate areas & so it's easy to destroy the OS & not lose the data.

The only surprise came from a Google product. I am not sure how many of you use Google Talk, but I must say it's a great IM tool which allows you to do Voice over IP. And the voice quality is quite good. So I am quite happy with the software.

But when I reinstalled the software, all my Friends were missing. Google Friends are the equivalents of MSN buddies or Yahoo contacts. The entire list of people who had joined my Friends network is gone.

I sent feedback to Google on this & am still awaiting their response. I hope they dont say my buddies are stored locally and that they cannot do anything about it. That would really be crappy.

Or maybe they'll just say "It's still in Beta, register your friends again".

No comments: