Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Dumbledore's dead!

Now that "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" has been out for more than a month & half, I can say it out aloud. Dumbledore is dead! And for those who are annoyed at me saying it out aloud, they should be ashamed of not reading the book yet.

Since my shipment landed on the weekend, I have got a chance to get my books out & the one on top (since it was the last that went in) was the Potter book.

Now I have a hypothesis:

In the beginning of the book, when the new Minister for Magic meets with the Muggle Prime Minister, the PM screams "You're Wizards, you can solve anything with magic" and Fudge replies "The problem, Prime Minister, is the other side can do magic too".

Why am I telling you this? If Voldemort (Yeah, I'm not afraid to say his name out aloud :-) ) can split his soul into 7 Horcruxes to stay alive, who's to say Dumbledore cannot do the same?

Think about it. By all accounts from the book, Dumbledore should be around 100 years old. When Harry sees him in Tom Riddle's memory, he's already greying quite extensively. And that was 50 years before Harry came to Hogwarts.

Also Dumbledore should have been older to work with Nicholas Flamel (the guy who had the Philosopher's Stone) since he was supposed to be more than 300 years old.

Who's to say Dumbledore, in cahoots with Snape, staged his own death?

That's just a theory. I could be wrong (and most probably will be).

The second theory is: Snape killed Dumbledore (go away, you screaming people) on Dumbledore's instructions. Dumbledore sacrificed his life so that Snape can continue to be close to Voldemort & also help Harry to kill Voldemort.

And I think I know who R.A.B is. I think it's Regulus Black, Sirius' brother. He is mentioned in the "Order of the Phoenix" as being murdered either by Voldemort or on his orders. I think Voldemort killed him / had him killed because he destroyed one of his horcruxes.

What says you?

And I had already predicted (to a few friends) that Ron & Hermione would get together. But I have no proof to this prediction other than the fact that I "did" predict it!

So that's that.

No comments: