Monday, August 01, 2005

It's a week!

Now that I am in Singapore to stay rather than on a business trip, I am seeing it in a completely different light.

Things that you woiuld not notice as a business traveller. Things like how convenient the infrastructure is to get around, how wide the culinary range is, how easy it is to get a bank account, how much you have to walk.

During this last week, a company called Asian Welcome introduced the city of Singapore to me. A very nice lady called Janis drove me around pointing all the important / nice things in Singapore. She also took me to a few schools that we had picked out for my daughter.

And I think I have a great school for her. I haven't seen the way they teach there, but I just have a good feeling about this. I really hope she likes the school & settles in quickly.

Now that I am done with the school, the hunt for accomodation begins. I am currently in a hotel in Singapore (Marriott, of course) which is slap bang on Orchard Road. Orchard, for people who have never been to Singapore, is the shopping Mecca here. On weekends, you would be lucky to walk without bumping into anyone constantly. It sometimes looks like the whole of Singapore is on Orchard. Just like the whole of Bangalore is on Brigade Road on the weekends!

Hopefully the accomodation will be close enough for my daughter to get to her school without too much time travelling. And hopefully it will be close to my office too. Let's see how that goes.

More on my Singapore situation coming soon. Stay tuned.

No comments: