Saturday, August 27, 2005

I am complete

Yes, I am. My family landed here in Singapore on Friday!

I left office a couple of hours early...mainly because I could not help looking at the weather reports & the Singapore Airlines landing schedule every few minutes. And so I went & bought a "Welcome to Singapore" kind of gift for my daughter & went to the airport to pick them up.

As I reached, I realised from the Arrivals information that their flight had recieved clearance from the Changi ATC to commence landing sequence. Which meant that they would touch down any time now.

And then the Arrivals information changed to show that they had landed.

However, at Changi, having landed is one thing. Finding a parking bay is another. So the aircraft goes around a cool 15 minutes getting to its bay & finally opening the doors.

Knowing which belt their luggage was coming, I went to the exit of the belt. And then I waited...

The luggage from their flight started coming in about 20 minutes after the confirmation of landing. And then another 15 minutes or so later, people started to come to the belt & pick their stuff up. And my eyes started darting around the place to see if I can see my wife & my daughter anywhere.

I kept this up till a point came where the number of people coming to the belt started thinning & the staff at Changi started taking the bags off the belt so that the next airline could use it.

I got so worried. I didn't know why they were so late. Was something wrong? Did they have trouble at Immigration? All sorts of things popped into my paranoid mind.

And a full 10 minutes into my paranoia, I saw my family coming to the belt!

And I waved like a madman at my daughter. And she came rushing to me & hugged me so tight for 5 minutes which made all of that worry go away.

A small reunion later, we were all headed with their luggage to our hotel.

Happy Day Are Here Again! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!

No comments: