Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Ganne ka russ after a looooong time

Have you guys tried Cane Crush? It's apparently a chain of food joints serving sugarcane juice. It's clean, hygienic and economical (Rs 10 per glass).

Had a glass yesterday and couldn't stop at one. Took me all the way back to my engineering college days when we used to stop by the local stall after a day of studying hardly :)

But what it really reminded me of was a time when I was in the 8th standard and had gotten a bad case of jaundice. As part of my recovery, I was told to have a lot of sugarcane juice to build up calories in my body for it to fight back. So what my mom used to do was go to a particular sugarcane juice stall - which was quite a distance away from where we lived - just to get the juice for me. That wasn't enough, tho. She would make the stall guy thoroughly clean the crusher and then get the first bottle full for me. Amazingly sweet of her isn't it?

Thanx Mom!

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: