Friday, December 03, 2010

A clean bill of health?

Now if you remember a post a few days back ("A weird dream"), I dreamt of my buddy from engineering college who passed away a year and half back. I just happened to mention this to my friend the next day and he said, in a solemn voice I might add, that nothing is a coincidence and that I should get a health check up done.


Now most of you who know me know this about me. I am not superstitious nor am I religious and I certainly don't believe in this stuff. But something about the way he said it got me spooked.

So I scheduled an appointment at the Columbia Asia Hospital for a general health checkup yesterday. Had to go there early in the morning without breakfast for a bunch of blood tests, x-rays and ECG tests. Then some breakfast and more blood tests after two hours. Then the long wait until the results land in my hands...which would be 5pm in the evening.

So when I land up at the hospital to collect my reports, they tell me that the reports will be available when I come for my doctor review appointment the next day. Bull Shit, I say. I was asked to come at 5pm and I'm not leaving without my reports.

So I did get them.

Blood pressure 120 / 70.
Almost all blood tests normal...except for LDL and Triglycerides which are on the higher side. These have always been on the higher side for me ever since I can remember, so am not sure if it has to do with something genetic about me or something of my lifestyle that is causing it. Will know when I go for my doctor's appointment in the evening.
X-ray normal.
ECG report not received yet, so will know by end of day today.

All in all, I'm hoping to be given a clean bill of health...and for the doctor to tell me that I'm doing fine and that I should continue with the debauchery in my life :-D

Fingers crossed!

No comments: