Tuesday, December 28, 2010

11 call drops

Let me begin by saying that Airtel sucks! How can one of India's largest mobile services provider have such a crappy network that causes at least 11 call drops on my way to / from office?


It starts just after Richmond Circle, near Kudla. That's 1. Then before the turn at the stadium. 2. Just before the entrance of Cubbon Park. 3. At the turn in Cubbon Park. 4. Near the Planetarium. 5. On the airport road next to BGC's 3rd fairway. 6. At Windsor Manor. 7. At Mekhri underpass. 8. On CV Raman Road. 9. After the CPRI gate. 10. At the Ramaiah Hospital gate. That's sure shot 11 call drops on my way home. 11!!! ELEVEN!

This is of course not counting the extra few that Airtel throws in every now and then at the Magic Box overpass after Windsor Manor, Kaveri Circle, before the Cubbon Park gates. It is sooooooo frustrating to be on a call and have it drop so many times. Even worse if you are in the middle of a conversation with some call center or the other where you have to go thro the entire rigamarole of getting them to the point where u dropped off in the conversation.

I even called Airtel customer care once to illustrate this point and asked the lady to give me a number where I could reach her all the time as I was driving to work to show how many call drops I got. Guess what? They can't do that.

I am sincerely waiting for Mobile Number Portability to become fully operational so that I can test a few other providers (my eyes on Tata Docomo) so that my mobile phone usage is a little less frustrating than it is now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All networks are bad... In the country of blind, one eyed man is the king !!! With Airtel you can atleast make calls without it landing in oblivion !!!