Friday, December 10, 2010

A craving for Rock On

Let me begin by saying that I absolutely love the movie! I think it is one of the most flawlessly made movies - not just Hindi movies - of all time...a timeless classic that I would love to watch even 20 years from now. But that's not the point of the post.


I used to carry the Rock On DVD in my bag so that I could watch it often after it was released. Then a colleague of mine asked to borrow the DVD. No harm, right? WRONG!

I got the DVD back as if it had come back from the dry cleaners...or worse thro a car wash! It had so many scratches, it looked like Baloo the Bear from Jungle Book had stuck it to his back while he was scratching it against a tree. And as with any scratched DVDs, it gets stuck as soon as the plot gets interesting. I f'n hate that!

Now the big problem is that I had not ripped the DVD as soon as I got it...so I had lost a perfectly good movie and I couldn't watch it when I wanted...which is the objective of buying a DVD in the first place.

So I went on FlipKart.com and ordered it...and it landed in less than 3 days with free shipping and at a discount to boot! I was impressed!

Guess what the first thing was that I did? I ripped the disc :) Yep, in Apple TV resolution as well as iPhone resolution. And now that I have it, I can watch my DVD in peace whenever I want. And I'm never lending my movies to anyone. Ever!

No comments: