Thursday, March 15, 2007

It's The Beatles these days

That's the music of choice for my daughter the last couple of weeks.

She listens to The Fab Four almost all the time. When she's playing, when she's reading, when she's about to sleep. Just about any time. It's not rare for me to walk into her room and have "She loves you...yeah, yeah, yeah" or "Love is all you need" or "Love me do" or some other classic hit me.

There's dual admiration here.

Firstly toward my daughter, for being able to recognize the great music and melody that The Beatles created more than a generation before her (let's face it, The Beatles broke up before I was born. So all those gorgeous songs are from my parent's generation). And I absolutely adore her for it. I've always said that she's got fantastic taste for music and she proves me right every single day.

Secondly, I have the utmost respect for The Beatles. The music they have created has endured for more than 40 years and has entertained more than three generations. They remain one of the greatest music group of all time and, according to the Rolling Stones compilation of the 500 all time greatest songs, The Beatles had the largest representation in the list with 23 songs. I grew up listening to and loving their songs and am thrilled to bits that my daughter is appreciting them as much (if not more) as I do.

She makes me feel better every single day.

No comments: