Sunday, March 25, 2007

I know what he must have felt like

In fact, every single person who has three putted a golf hole knows what it feels like to make that unnecessary third putt to put the dasterdly ball into the bottom of the cup. The walk from the green, after a three putt, ranks as one of the worst feelings a person can have.

After having a lot of touble with putts dropping when they should have, Sergio Garcia spat into the cup on the 13th green at the WGC tournament at Doral after making another three putt.

He had this to say after the round:

"Don't worry, it did go in the middle, and it wasn't going to affect anyone else. If it did, I would have wiped it off."

While I understand the frustrations of three putting, I would not exactly spit into the cup (even if I overwhelmingly felt like it). But then, Sergio is Spanish...and I'm not. Also, I think he is getting tired of his inconsistencies despite having a lot of talent and skill on the golf course.

Relax, mate. It happens to the best of us.

On to the next tee!

No comments: