Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I think Tiger has a game plan

Tiger Woods, in what would be his worst 9 holes in a professional tournament's last round, played an 8-over 43 to finish tied in 22nd place. At a point in time where he was a stroke off the lead held by Vijay Singh (who eventually won), his back nine left him 11 strokes off.

Now a lot of people are wondering what happened to Tiger. A lot of speculation going on. You know what I think?

Tiger intentionally played certain shots that he thought he would need for The Masters!

There, I said it. I am not saying that his miserable back nine had all to do with playing the wrong shot for that hole. He might have made a few mistakes. But I refuse to believe that someone like Tiger will play bogey golf and shoot a higher 9-hole score than someone like me (since I shot a 39 a couple of days back).

I think he is planning very carefully for The Masters and I am quite certain you will see some seemingly erratic shots at his next tournament, the CA Championship at Doral, but all those will help him in his effort to play the shots that he thinks he will need at The Masters.

He has done that before. At that time, he won. So this time he didn't.

Big Deal!

Put me down for Tiger winning this year's Masters. Cause I think I see the preparation happening already. And Tiger likes to peak at the major tournaments rather than win all and sundry. He is as much a clever tactician as he is a great player.

Mark my words.

No comments: