Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Unofficial consultant

As you might recall, I am a regular contributor to the xdaindia discussion alias as well as a moderator and (recently not very regular) contributor to the indippc forum.

I got a call last evening from a guy who I interact with on the xdaindia forum. He was in Dubai looking for a Windows Mobile (WM) based phone and wanted to know my opinion on a couple of models. Even though I was not aware of the model he was talking about, he still wanted to know what he should look at before deciding to buy the phone.

This is not the first time someone has called me to check if a particular phone is a good-to-buy decision.

It's almost like I have become an unofficial spokesperson and consultant on WM phones, mainly because of my interactions (hopefully positive) on both the xdaindia as well as the indippc discussion forums. Funny how people who don't know you personally trust your judgement while making a fairly expensive purchase in their life.

Hmmm....

No comments: