Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The first time Yahoo! gave me more relevant information than Google

I had a few minutes of spare time this morning (yes, I had responded to all my mail...yes, I had completed all the stuff for the day...yes, I was done checking the news for what's happening in IT and the world as a whole) and so was wondering "what new?"

So I went over to Google (where else) and hit "what's new?" as my search.

Surprise. Surprise.

The first link that came up was a Yahoo! link which took me to a section that Yahoo! has on "What's New" for today. Scanning through the page took me to V's blog which I thought was wonderful.

One post in particular caught my eye. It was a pleasant surprise hearing a woman talk about all the male bashing that happens. Another one was saying the same thing that I keep telling my wife (something she does not seem to get). But what I liked most about the blog was the honesty in the narrative. Yes, she's opinionated and she likes it that way.

If you don’t have the guts to step outside of your comfort zones, you will never grow and change as a person. If being well liked is more important than being yourself, then you will never say anything of value and you will never have true friends. If you don’t have the balls to be hated, then you don’t deserve to be loved.
In all the junk that's there on the net today, I think I just found one more place that I would like to visit once in a while and feel like I am hearing myself.

Just wish I didn't have to go to a blog to do that.

No comments: