Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Busy with a few things

Once again, this post comes after a fairly long silence. Why? Cause, of course, I've been busy. With what, you ask? I'll tell you.

For one, there is work at the office. There were a couple of fairly high level customer presentations that I had to make over the last couple of weeks and even though I have made this particular pitch a few times, I still like to tweak my flow and the story depending on the customer and their requirements. And after all that hard work, it's music to my ears when the people who were attending the presentation get really charged up and gung-ho about my suggestions.

Then there was the other front.

My wife, along with three other doctors, has started Holistic Healing Homeopathy Center (a.k.a H2Homeopathy). Just in case you guys are not aware of Homeopathy, it is an alternative branch of medicine which attempts to treat "like with like", sort of like using steel to cut steel (like the famous "Loha lohe ko kaat ta hai" dialogue from the blockbuster Bollywood movie Sholay).

What Homeopathy does is try to cure the ailment rather than suppress the symptoms. To cite an example, I asked a pal of mine what he would do if he had a runny nose and a headache. He said he would take a Panadol, which is a Paracetamol based drug you get off the counter here in Singapore. What Panadol (and any other Paracetamol derivative) would do is stop the running nose and stop the headache.

Problem solved? No. Cause the cold you had does not go away, just the symptoms get suppressed until the effects of the drug wear out.

This is where Homeopathy differs. It actually tries to look for the person's body constitution, the symptoms and then prescribes the medicine for that person's ailment.

What that means is that two people can have the exact same ailment, but may go back home with different medication! And what that achieves is a personalized treatment for all ailments: From acne to heart problems, from eating disorders to allergies, from common cold to menstrual ailments. And when it works, the effect is like magic! You can feel the difference!

So that's what's been going on the last few weeks.

Oh, and we are going on vacation to Sydney in the middle of next month. We'll be Down Under for a week and hopefully, we will have a great time there. I'll obviously post pictures when I get back.

Other than that, the only other update is on golf. And the update is that there is no golf! I haven't played for the last 6 weeks in a row. I need to get my ass back to the course or I am going to forget my swing!

I need to do that this week!

No comments: