Thursday, November 17, 2005

Ferrari once more

And this time I am not talking about the car.

I bought the Acer Ferrari 4005, a super powerful notebook, for myself. Obviously it's a work machine, but this is the first computer that I have bought for myself and so the decision makes me tremendously happy.

I am sure you have noticed from a few previous posts that I am a major Ferrari nut. Well, actually I am primarily a Michael Schumaker nut and then a Ferrari nut, but that's just a techincality. So the brand was definately important to me. I would have to live with an Acer logo on my notebook as well, but then the Ferrari Prancing Horse clearly dominated the notebook. So that problem was not so much of an issue.

The configuration of the machine is killer. It's an AMD Turion 64bit processor running at 2GHz, has a gig of RAM and a 100gig 5400RPM disk. It also has a Panasonic optical drive which will amost write anything (DVD, CD, etc...)

The display is a crisp 15.4 inches wide screen delight. The display is powered by an ATI X700 graphics card which has it's own dedicated 128MB graphics memory. So the graphics are fab.

It's such a great feeling to use the machine. The keyboard layout is a bit different to my earlier Toshiba notebook, so am in the midst of getting used to it.

Way to go Ferrari. If you want to read more reviews on the norebook, just do a search for Ferrari 4005 (duh!)

No comments: