Saturday, October 28, 2006

The book is out!

Yep...my late night efforts for a month (don't take any naughty connotations of this statement) last November as part of the NaNoWriMo have borne fruit. In case you didn't know about it, you can read about my tryst with NaNoWriMo here, here, here, here, here and HERE. :-)

Thanks to the stellar effort of the co-ordinator of the Singapore NaNoWriMo charter, Rozen, a few of us from Singapore have excerpt of our novels published in a book called "So you think you can write a Novel?"
The book is an eclectic collection of excerpts taken from novels of various genres written by 19 people from different age groups and backgrounds, but all residing in Singapore.







This is how the book looks




The book is published by Marshall Cavendish and was launched today at the Singapore National Library. Unfortunately for me, I could not attend the launch as I was travelling on business. Oh well. Somthings you get and some you don't. I would have loved to be there, though.

I hope the book does well as it is the first time a novel like this has been published. I also hope it is a good wake-up call for all the people who have a writer inside them, but have not given that part of them a chance to come out.

Frankly, I did not know I could write. As a matter of fact, I still can't. But I was a lot worse. I think blogging here has belped quite a bit. And the experience of writing the novel helped a lot too.

Now that I look back, there are so many things I would do differently with my novel. There are so many things that I don't like about it and so many things that could have been better. But it has all been worth it. It has been a good learning experience. I think I will do better in my next effort.

Oh, and I forgot. It's WriMo time again. That's right, NaNoWriMo fever kicks off again in a few days (on Wednesday, to be precise) and so it's off to the race for some of us. I very strongly encourage you to join in. You can register yourself at www.nanowrimo.org and have a go. And who know? You could be joining me at the winners podium at the end of the month.

See you there at the end of the 30th of November!

No comments: