Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Caught with my trousers down

As I promised, I am posting some of the things that happened in my life before I went off blogging. So here's installment number 1.

I had left office around the 5:45pm mark and was walking toward the bus stop to take the bus home (trying to save some money, you know). The bus stop which I need to get to is on the other side of the People's Park complex. So naturally, I have to walk through the complex to get to the stop.

As I was walking through the complex, I noticed a few massage parlours there. Now if you know me, I have a weakness for getting pampered. I LOVE getting massages. And it just so happened that I was feeling quite stiff all day with a body ache.

So I decided to pop into one of these places which promised a 45 minute massage for just $25 (which I thought was a great deal).

I was ushered in by this woman who led me to one of the free booths and gave me a pair of shorts to change into while my masseuse arrived. Shortly, another woman came in, asked me ot lie down on the massage table in the booth and tucked a towel in the back of my shorts (obviously to keep the massage oil from messing them up).

She had just started with the massage when there was a bit of commotion in the lobby (if I can call it that) of the place and a couple of people peeped through the curtains of the booth. My masseues rushed out and just left me there, in my shorts with a little bit of oil on my back and a towel tucked in the back of my shorts with part of my ass hanging out!

I later realized that the folks who had barged in were cops and this was a raid on this place. It was mainly to check on people who were licensed to work in that place and people who were "freelancing". It turned out that the masseuse (?) who was attending to me was not exactly allowed to do it (as I later found out).

So I had to sign a written testimony about how I came there, who ushered me in, who attended to me, all the details of time, place and circumstance. And after 45 minutes (without a massage), I walked out of there after experiencing the first raid here in Singapore.

Not the most positive thing in the whole day, but a lot better than getting arrested myself...that too for going to a massage parlour without checking if your masseuse was legally allowed to give you a massage!

It has to happen to me, right?

No comments: