Monday, April 03, 2006

My mom is leaving today

Sigh!

Yep, it's true. She's leaving tonight. And I cannot stop her from going.

You see, she has been suffering from an ailment for a long time. She had a fairly serious operation a long time ago because of which her left leg is very weak. So she has trouble walking correctly. After all these years, the leg is causing her a lot more trouble as she is now walking with a distinct limp.

The last few days, she has been having pains everytime she walks. So it is better she goes back and get the condition checked. That is the reason I cannot stop her. I cannot even say that we should get her treated here because I know for a fact that she will get better medical care in India. One of the leading Neurosugeons is a family member and so she will get the best treatment possible.

I only wish she was here a bit longer. She happened to be around when I was the busiest and I was planning for more time with her when things calmed down. But I guess that is not to be.

So she leaves today.

And there is nothing that I can say to stop her.

No comments: