Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I'm not Hair

Yep...decided to trade off my ponytail for a skin head.

(SCREAM)

Have had long hair for more than 3 years now and yesterday, I just decided to take it all off. And I went all the way.

So for the first time in my entire life, I have a bald pate. It's a funny feeling after being used to long hair for such a long time. No pony tail to tug away from my collar. No unnecessary hot feeling at the end of the day. No need to worry about carrying rubber bands in my wallet. Don't have to care about shampoos and conditioners any more.

But the flip side of it is, I really loved my hair. I mean I really liked it long. There is nothing like head-banging with long hair to a rock song. That is reward in itself. So who know, maybe I will go back to growing my hair long again. Depends on how much I like being bald.

See, one of the biggest contributor to my decision has been Singapore. Or more precisely, the weather here in Singapore.

When I was in Bangalore, you could go through the entire day and not sweat much. Here in Singapore, you start the day with a whole lot of sweat. I cannot live without my Jockey inners any more. And it's even harder if you have long hair. So off it went.

I must say, people around me make a double take when they see me for the first time in this avatar. For them, they saw me yesterday with longer-than-shoulder-length hair and this morning they are seeing me completely devoid of it.

So the customary questions come from everyone. "Why?" "How does it feel?" "Do you miss your hair?" The last one is pretty funny...as if I lost my hair against my wishes and now I really miss it.

Of course there are the people who make fun of a situation like this. But then, I never looked like a person who cared.

So there you go...Hair today, gone tomorrow. Well, actually it's hair yesterday, gone today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude... u have deleted the wrong duplicate posting. u have deleted the posting with comments :-D

anyway... herez it again... Mally Going Baldie -- the pics

http://www.geocities.com/satyesh75/images/mally